This Software Subscription Service (SaaS) Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the obligations and conditions between you (“Client”) and Automated Data Instruments (DBA Pomodo), a Pennsylvania Corporation (“Provider”), relating to your use of the Services defined herein. Please read this Agreement carefully. Your use of the Services is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of this Agreement.
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, AND/OR BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Provider is the owner of certain proprietary computer software known as Pomodo that is used to manage customers, inventory, orders, shipments, and more (the “Software”).
- Provider provides and sells subscriptions for subscribers to access and use the Software via mypomodocloud.com or any website notified to the subscribers from time to time (the “Services”).
- Client desires to use the Services for Client’s internal business purposes, including specifically use by Client’s employees (“Authorized Users”) pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Provider is willing to provide access to the Services for Client’s internal business use pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Provider and Client acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be effective and in force immediately upon the date that Client signs the agreement NOW THEREFORE, in consideration for the mutual promises contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
- Software Subscription.
- Provider grants to Client and Client accepts from Provider, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use and permit Authorized Users to access and use the Services solely for Client’s internal business use. The Services shall not be used by Client or by Authorized Users for, or on behalf of, third parties that are not authorized under this Agreement. Client shall use its best efforts to ensure that the Authorized Users use the Services in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- Client acknowledges that all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and the Software, together with its codes, sequences, derivative works, organization, structure, interfaces, any documentation, data, trade names, trademarks, or other related materials (collectively, the “Provider IP”), is, and at all times shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of Provider. The Provider IP contains trade secrets and proprietary information owned by Provider and is protected by United States copyright laws (and other laws relating to intellectual property). Except the right to use the Services, as expressly provided herein, this Agreement does not grant to Client any rights to, or in, patents, copyrights, database rights, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) or any other rights or licenses with respect to the Services or the Software.
- Client shall not attempt, or directly or indirectly allow any Authorized User or other third party to attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, download, transmit or distribute all or any portion of the Services and/or Software in any form or media or by any means.
- The provisions of this paragraph 2 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- Subscription Fee and Tangible Items Purchased.
- Client shall pay to Provider the subscription fee (the “Subscription Fee”) in the amount and for the duration that Client has entered and agreed to pursuant to the Subscription Agreement form for this Agreement.
- The Subscription Fee for the first Subscription Period (either month or year, as applicable) of the term of this Agreement shall be paid on the Effective Date in the payment authorization form. The Subscription Fee for all subsequent Subscription Periods of the term of this Agreement shall be paid to Provider on the first day of each subsequent Subscription Period, pursuant to subsection d, below.
- The amount of the Subscription Fee does not include any applicable taxes if Client is outside of PA. Clients in PA have taxes built in to their monthly fee. Clients outside of PA is responsible for any and all applicable taxes.
- Client shall provide valid ACH payment system information, bank account information authorized for automatic bill paying, or other acceptable method of payment to Provider and shall take all necessary steps to authorize automatic payment of the Subscription Fee. By agreeing to this Agreement, Client hereby authorizes Provider to automatically charge said method of payment for all Subscription Periods during the term of this Agreement. If, for any reason, automatic payment shall be denied, then Client shall pay the applicable Subscription Fee, together with a $25.00 late fee, to Provider within five (5) days of notice from Provider or the Software will be disabled for the Client.
- Provider fees are subject to change with notice via email or other reasonable manner before the price change. If you do not agree to the price change, you can cancel your agreement prior to the start of your next term.
Tangible Items Purchased.
The balance of your order, if applicable, must be paid in full within 30 days of signing or on the delivery date, whichever comes first. The only exception is if the delivery date is postponed by Provider. IF this happens, the balance will be due on the delivery date set. If the order is paid and is not picked up or Provider is not able to deliver order due to Client reasons within 90 days from the order date an 8% (of total order) hold/storage fee will be applied each month until the order is picked up/delivered.
- Custom Development (if applicable).
- If Provider is developing custom modifications to the software for Client, the signed software requirements specifications “SRS” will contain the scope of work. If the scope of work changes after the SRS is signed, Client and Provider agree to negotiate a new price if necessary and sign an amended SRS agreement.
- Client understands that all work done by Provider is owned by Provider as stated in section 2 of this agreement.
- Client agrees to pay the agreed upon amount in Exhibit A (if applicable). A percent of the total development price will be due prior to work beginning and the remaining percent when development is delivered. Client agrees that Provider will make every effort to test development and address bugs prior to release, but there will be a Client testing period after delivery in which Client will review the development and report bugs. Client understands that payment of final remaining balance will not be held during this period for any reason.
Refunds. Any fees paid to the Provider by Client, including but not limited to payments for custom development, set up, activation, and training fees, subscription fees, hardware and supply costs are nonrefundable.
- Credit Card
Credit card processing software, hardware and terminals
As the Policy holder, Customer, is authorizing Provider or an employee/contractor to install, setup, configure or support credit card software, hardware or terminals. Customer is authorizing Provider to have access to the following information in Customer’s behalf: merchant numbers and other merchant information, authority to call the processor in Customer’s behalf, run test sales, and obtain processor’s information for purposes of setup and configuration.
Confirmation of credit card and electronic transactions: It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that credit card and other electronic transactions are being deposited correctly, charged correctly, received on time, and deposited in the correct account. It is the Customer’s responsibility to notify processor directly and correct any problems.
Uptime: Pomodo assumes no liability for Credit Card Processor’s uptime. All terms apply between Client and Credit Card Processor.
Credit Card Surcharges: Pomodo assumes no liability if the Client uses Credit Card Surcharges and understands that it’s the Client’s, “Merchant’s” responsibility to follow all Card Brands rules and regulations involving Credit Card Surcharges. A merchant’s ability to apply a surcharge is conditioned on the merchant’s satisfaction of certain disclosure requirements that include, but might not be limited to, advance notice to All Card Brands and of the merchant’s intention to impose a surcharge no less than thirty days before the merchant implements the surcharge.
- Accessibility/Performance. Provider shall use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available on a 24×7 basis (twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week) during the Term, except for: (i) scheduled system back-up or other on-going maintenance as required and scheduled in advance by Provider, or (ii) for any unforeseen cause beyond Provider’s reasonable control, including but not limited to internet service provider or communications network failures, denial of service attacks or similar attacks, or any force majure events set forth in this Agreement. Provider will monitor performance indicators on the systems and network infrastructure (its own and that of third party suppliers) in order to gauge the overall performance of its hosting services, and will take reasonable steps to address systems and network infrastructure as required to maintain satisfactory performance of the Software. Provider further reserves the right to monitor and reasonably restrict Client’s ability to use the Services if Client is using excessive computing resources which are impacting the performance of the Services for other subscribers. Provider agrees to notify Client in cases where it restricts such use and use good faith efforts to determine an appropriate alternative or workaround solution.
- Maintenance and Support. Provider shall maintain the Software and/or Services and provide all patches and fixes to the Software and/or Services at no additional cost. Provided, however, said maintenance shall not include any major releases of new versions of the Software, additional functionality, or custom programming, which Provider, at its discretion, may provide at an additional cost as otherwise agreed between the parties.
- Phone Support
Normal Support Hours
Normal help desk call in hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm EST excluding Holidays and have a 4 hour response time. Excluded days may from time to time change.
After Hours Support Mission Critical:
After hours support calls are designed for Mission Critical support and have a same day response time. Every attempt will be made to respond within 1 hour or less, but should there be circumstances outside the technician’s control, same day response will be provided. When calling please tell the operator that system is down and you need Mission Critical support. A Mission Critical item is if your system will not operate, turn on or function to run your business. Only Mission Critical calls after normal support hours will be returned. If the call is deemed not Mission Critical, the call will be returned the next business day.
How phone calls are handled
Provider only supports key operators that have received at least basic training on the system and software. All support calls are handled through a call in message center. It is Provider’s goal to provide a live person to give information to. After Customer provides operator with all the requested information, a support technician is immediately notified via a voice call, text message and through e-mail. All calls are returned in the order that we receive the calls. Any calls that are incomplete and returned by the Customer may be put back in the queue.
Scheduling time with a support person: It may be determined that in order to resolve a support incident more than 15 minutes may be needed, or require more than one call. In this case, an appointment may be scheduled at a time convenient to both the contract holder and Provider. It is policy for Provider’s support person to call the Customer at the agreed date and time.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to have internet access for Provider to be able to connect in to system remotely. Customer allows Provider to remote into system for service work and updates. Provider will notify if this is done.
- Term. The Term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue until terminated as provided herein. Client shall elect whether the term will consist of annual or monthly periods (each a “Subscription Period”). The Agreement shall automatically renew for subsequent Subscription Periods unless either party provides written notice of its election not to renew this Agreement at least fifteen (15) days prior to end of the then-current Subscription Period or otherwise terminates this Agreement pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, all rights and subscriptions granted to Client shall immediately terminate, and the Client shall cease using the Services and shall prohibit Authorized Users from using the Services.
- Default. Client shall be in default of this Agreement if Client fails to make any payment when due and fails to cure said default within five (5) days after receipt of written notice thereof from Provider. In addition to the monetary breach described in the previous sentence, either party will be in default of this Agreement if the party is in material breach of this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within fifteen (15) days after receipt of written notice thereof from the non-breaching party. If a party is in default, the non-breaching party may terminate this Agreement or seek any other remedies available at law or in equity, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement. In the event Client breaches or attempts to breach any of the provisions of this Agreement, Provider shall have the right, in addition to such other remedies that may be available, to injunctive relief enjoining such breach or attempt to breach, Client hereby acknowledging the inadequacy of any remedy at law.
- In addition to, and in no way limiting the requirements relating to the Provider IP as set forth in Section 2 of this Agreement, Client shall use its reasonable efforts (but in no case less than the efforts used to protects its own proprietary information of a similar nature) to protect all proprietary, confidential, and/or non-public information pertaining to or in any way connected to the Software, the Services, the Provider’s financial, professional and/or other business affairs, and this Agreement (the “Confidential Information”).
- Client shall not disclose or publicize the Confidential Information without the Provider’s prior written consent.
- Client shall use their reasonable efforts (but in no case less than the efforts used to protects its own proprietary information of a similar nature) not to disclose and not to use the Confidential Information for their own benefit or for the benefit of any other person, third-party, firm or corporation in a manner inconsistent with the purpose of this Agreement.
- The terms of confidentiality and non-disclosure contained herein shall expire five (5) years from the date of the termination of this Agreement.
- The restrictions on disclosure shall not apply to information which was: (i) generally available to the public at the time of disclosure, or later available to the public other than through fault of the Client; (ii) already known to the Client prior to disclosure pursuant to this Agreement; (iii) obtained at any time lawfully from a third-party under circumstances permitting its use or disclosure to others; or (iv) required by law or court order to be disclosed.
- Limited Warranty. Provider warrants that it has the power and authority to grant the subscription for the Services granted to Client hereunder. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Remedy and Liability. Client represents that it accepts sole and complete responsibility for: (a) the selection of the Services to achieve Client’s intended results; (b) use of the Services; (c) the results obtained from Services; and (d) the terms of any contracts between Client and Authorized Users. Provider does not warrant that the Client’s use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Client shall not assert any claims against Provider based upon theories of negligence, gross negligence, strict liability, fraud, or misrepresentation, and Client shall defend Provider from any demand or claim, and indemnify and hold Provider harmless from any and all losses, costs, expenses, or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, directly or indirectly resulting from Client’s use of the Services, an Authorized User’s use of the Services, and/or any agreement between the Client and an Authorize User based on or in any way related to the Services. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In any event, under no circumstances shall Provider be liable for any loss, costs, expenses, or damages to Client in an amount exceeding the Subscription Fee actually paid to Provider by Client for the previous thirty (30) days.
- Notice and Demands. Notice, demand, or other communication mandated to be given by this Agreement by either party to the other shall be sufficiently given or delivered if it is sent by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested or delivered personally. Unless Provider is otherwise notified in writing, the Client’s address for notice purposes shall be Client’s address provided as part of Client’s billing information.
- Governing Law; Forum Selection. This agreement shall be constructed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania. All claims, actions, disputes, controversies or suite shall be litigated exclusively in the courts of Pennsylvania.
- Compliance with Laws. Client shall use the Services in accordance with any and all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Headings. The paragraph headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and they form no part of the Agreement and shall not affect the interpretation thereof.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, void, or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver. The delay or failure of either party to exercise any right under this Agreement or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right, or any other right, or of such breach, or any future breaches, under this Agreement.
- Assignment. Client shall not assign or transfer this Agreement.
- No Partnership or Agency. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership between the parties, or authorize either party to act as an agent for the other, and neither party shall have the authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise bind the other in any way.
- Force Majeure. Provider will not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of any part of this Agreement to the extent that such delay is caused by events or circumstances beyond the Provider’s reasonable control, including but not limited to fire, flood, storm, act of God, war, malicious damage, failure of a utility service or transport or telecommunications network.
- Complete Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Services, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements whether written or oral. No amendment or modification of this Agreement will be binding unless reduced to a writing signed by duly authorized representatives of the parties and such writing makes specific reference to this Agreement and its intention as an amendment hereto.
BY SIGNING BELOW AND/OR BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTOOD IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUPERIOR TO, AND SUPERCEDE ANY CONFLICTING OR INCONSISTENT TERMS CONTAINED IN ANY PURCHASE ORDERS, OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED TO THE COMPANY BY YOU, OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED TO YOU BY THE COMPANY, OR AGREEMENTS PREVIOUSLY ENTERED INTO BY THE PARTIES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT OR USE THE SOFTWARE APPLICATION AND/OR THE DATA.